Sunday, December 24, 2006
Merry Christmas!
Jet lag's not funny.
Especially when you're completely wide awake when the sky is still very dark out and the crickets are forming a whole symphonic band.
You feel sleepy and awake at all the wrong times.
I woke up at 6 30am today.
That would be 5 30pm Florida time.
Argh!
The holiday was great.
Minus the 20 hour flights to and fro.
Much needed and lots of fun especially because this time Kai Yuen managed to scrape enough of all his finances to make this holiday with me and my family.
Kudos to him for scoring lots of brownie points with my parents and grandma with his excellent navigating and bangla effectiveness of carrying bags and offering to help with the miscellaneous.
Shopping was, however, a great disappointment.
The t-shirts weren't quirky enough and because I was hard set on getting clothes for internship I didn't get much.
So much for the new wardrobe i was looking forward to.
But!
I got my BEEEEG stitch!!
And had to lug him all around Florida and New York.
But he's back home now with his new family of soft toys, which have dangerously accumulated on my bed to the point where I don't really have much space to sleep on, and he looks happy.
I'm just sad that I had to leave the US.
The holiday was simply just TOO SHORT.
It was just great to be away from Spore for a while and to be in a place where nobody knows you and you know nobody.
To be in a place where you just had to worry about where to visit and scrutinizing squiqqly different coloured lines on maps instead of internship and FYPs.
I didn't want to come back also because it would mean I would be closer to date where I would have to send Kai off at the airport when he goes for exchange in Jan.
That would mean almost 6 months apart from him when the longest we've ever been apart is just 2mths.
I know it sounds like a short time but it's hard.
Especially when the first person I run to in my life is him.
I'll miss you loads dear.
Well, Christmas is tomorrow.
I hope you've been nice so that Santa brings you a great many presents.
Leave cookies and milk out by your Christmas tree so that Santa can eat them.
He'll be hungry.
Merry Christmas everybody.
And for Ol' Saint Nic's sake..
HO HO HO!
Posted by Cheryl at 9:55 AM