Saturday, October 07, 2006

Can you smell the smoke tonight

The haze is bad.
It's unescapable and it's everywhere.
Newspaper reports show that the PSI level is 102.
Which means the air is REALLY bad.
In all, it looks like what the world would look like if everyone, and i mean EVERYONE had a barbeque all at the same time.

I hate the haze.
I feel that i'm breathing in very bad oxygen.
Hell, I AM breathing in very bad oxygen.
And i'm starting to feel its effects.

My eyes itch like hell and my contact lenses feel uncomfortable.
My nose is irritated and my throat feels like it has a million dust particles stuck in it.
ARGH.
Stupid people of Sumatra..
Grrr...
Slash and burn..
Grr..
I WANT MY CLEAN AIR!!!!!!!

This is how Kai Yuen and I feel about the haze:
(Sing to the melody of the chorus "Can you feel the love tonight" from the Lion King)
"Can you smell the smoke tonight.
It's from Su-ma-tra.
It's enough for people to sneeze, choke and die
That's how bad it is.

And can you smell the smoke tonight.
How it's so smelly.
It's enough to make the PSI shoot up high
Believe me, it's veeeery baadddd..."

Posted by Cheryl at 6:29 PM