Friday, September 22, 2006
It's morphin time!
We didn't get in.
All those late nights
Crazy dances
Suppers
Frantic typing
Horribly long discussions
Dark eye rings
Condoms
Rotten bananas
Bananas with condoms
World War III
We didn't get in.
Quote of the month by Dunkstan Lee a.k.a Black Ranger
"Life Goes On"
I thought we would totally rock the house down at HPB with our proposal.
Well planned, thought out, visualised.
Hell, we even spent a few hours at our "possible event location" just for inspiration.
Sigh.
Well, shortlisted or not.
I think our group bonded really a lot during those long evenings and nights.
I think even more during our term in office at CI Club.
Which I miss a lot.
The meetings, planning of events and the best, dancing to the King Kong Jane under the stars during all our events at CS.
We started out as total strangers to each other.
I still can remember that first meeting.
When we were still split in our lecture groups.
Lecture group 1 sat on one side of the table and 'the other lecture group' sat opposite.
War of the worlds.
For some of us, we were truly meeting for the first time.
We've come a long way.
From strangers to great friends.
Leaning on each other for support.
Fighting, no doubt.
Bitching, oh my god, yes.
But in the end, still putting away our differences to work together,
as a team.
I'm very attached to the CI Club.
And i remember telling someone (I think it was Bird) that I would be extremely sad when we stepped down.
And i got laughed at.
Because at that time,
we were only halfway through our term of office.
But we HAVE truly stepped down.
Now.
I thought StompAIDS 2006 would sorta prolong the whole thing since most of us were involved in the whole thing.
It felt like a main comm meeting everytime we met and discussed.
And I was afraid that people would start becoming strangers to one another again if we didn't have the club to bind us all together.
Haha.
I'm still hoping it won't happen.
Anytime.
To Team DCM,
Hsu Lin, Dunk, XX, Chan, Dong, Jing, Jenzer & Mel
It was great working with you guys.
Be it for the Club or for StompAIDS.
Hell,
I'm happy to have met all of you guys in CS.
You made life there a laugh.
The war shall go on.
North Korea will be contained by the rest of the world.
Posted by Cheryl at 10:53 PM