Thursday, August 03, 2006

I heart Hong Kong

I REALLY MISS HONG KONG!
There.
I said it.
I really do.

I miss Kai's mom and two sisters who tease me like hell about BOTH my horrible Cantonese and funny Chinese, whom i have strangely become closer to because of my inapt-ness in the languages.
The daily yum cha sessions we have in the early part of the day,
the crazy midnight dinner sessions at restaurants all around
and most of all, the amount of time spent with Kai.
I went there feeling scared that they may not like me and of their expectations of me
Afraid that i wouldn't be able to fit in because of the language barrier.
The first few days definitely felt that way.
Insecure, scared and lost.

I'm glad i finally lightened up.
Thank you dear for talking to me.
You helped me get over myself and be myself
and showed me that i indeed do belong in your life, in our life.
You taught me to take things more lightly in life,
and helped me see things from perspectives different from what i was brought up with.
You forgave me for the struggles that i've had in my life and in our relationship.
and most importantly, you loved me for me and only me.
For being able to understand and give so much is simply beyond anything that anyone has ever given or can give to me.
I love you.

Bloggers being a bi-atch to me and won't let me post pics of Hong Kong.
Oh well.
Another time.

Posted by Cheryl at 11:23 PM