Saturday, June 17, 2006

Offside? Shmoffside!

Argentina vs. Serbia & Montenegro
6 - 0

I don't really like soccer
I can't really care much for the World Cup
and after countless explanations from my daddy and friends,
I still don't know what the hell is offside.

All i know about soccer is:
They need 22 players to play a game
There is a ball involved.
Sometimes more, if someone gets hit in the balls during a free kick.
You're supposed to get the ball into the net which is guarded by a goalkeeper and you're supposed to prevent the other team from scoring.
If you score, you get a chance to flip your shirt over your head, run amok, slide on the grass and shout with joy or kiss and hug your teammates.
Choose one or do all of the above if goal was exceptionally well-executed.

I managed to catch the match between Argentina and Serbia & Montenegro.
And I feel kinda sorry for Serbia & Montenegro for being trashed 6 - 0.
They scored NIL lehh..
I mean, at least let them score one teensy weensy goal so that they won't feel like such losers la.
I think Argentina's goalkeeper could have set up a shop at his goalpost selling world cup memorabilia without any problem or interferences.
Or perhaps he could even have started a betting system to see if Serbia would actually score tonight.
Anyway, congrats to those who bet and won.

It was John's 23rd Birthday today.
Happy Birthday John!
Hope you recover from your Flaming Lamboghini.

Posted by Cheryl at 12:52 AM