Thursday, June 29, 2006

Office secrets

hello.
i'm a guest blogger.
i'm !!! a pretty pretty girl! yippee!!!
and i have candy stuck in my teeth! argh!
--That was Yan Wei the editorial intern--

The morning's pretty slow in the office right now
Which is resulting in the day's unexpected entry albeit the fact that i in fact have 1 pending book and CD review that will be due soon.
Oh well.

Am trying to blog as discretly as possible
Shhhh...
Especially since the supposed CEO of ACP magazines will be doing her 'SARPLAISE' checks around the office today.
Sarplaise..
Not exactly
Since the entire CLEO team went into a cleaning and tidying frenzy yesterday.
Suddenly, I could see desks instead of just piles and piles of magazines ranging from US Weekly to Cosmopolitan.
You name it, we have it.
Sheesh.

It's my 2nd last day of work at Cleo
Definitely have mixed feelings about leaving the team
Happy,
because i don't have to see another steamer anymore
Go for tiring full day photo shoots
I can finally sleep till noon
Do whatever I like WHEN i like
Get started on the International Physics Olympiad work
and the simple fact that i'm about 2 weeks shy from my holiday to HK.
Sad,
because i've grown a bit attached to the team,
The crap that Yan Wei and I do in the office for a laugh and a half
The freebies that the interns and I used to pillage
(Yan Wei says that the freebies actually represent our pay. haha! I couldn't agree more)
The lunches with Yan Wei and Kai Yuen at Golden Shoe, Caltex House and Chinatown Square.
Meeting crazy fun gay makeup artists like Grego at photoshoots
My media discount which although small, makes a difference especially since i'm not paid
and the whole buzzing atmosphere of throwing the pages of a magazine together.

It's been fun.

Posted by Cheryl at 10:28 AM