Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hence Proven

It's been a whirlwind of events these few days
And am finally not
Too tired
Too sleepy
Too jaded
Too humiliated
or simply
Too Lazy
To blog.

I've come to a conclusion after the happenings of this weekend
My hypothesis: - Students are willing to do anything for a bit of extra pocket money and/or experience in their field of study.
Why?
Well let me see,
On Saturday, in a bid to get extra cash to supplement my travel expenses for my HK trip
Kai and i woke up at 6am to go to Queenstown Stadium to help out in a Hewlett Packard annual swimming event
Which was fine
Because technically, i only worked like 2 hours doing damn easy work
All for a good 80 bucks
Plus, i got to spend a whole lot of time with Kai.
The not so good side was
Cuz i woke up so bloody early
(6am is way way WAAAAYY too early)
I was totally stoned out the whole day.

On Sunday,
This really confirmed my hypothesis which eventually led to my final conclusion
Nawwar, Bird and I went to intern at the first recording of Rea! Talk at Cineleisure
There were 3 roles we had to fill
Sai Kang, Sai Kang and more Sai Kang
Haha!
Okay la..their official names were
1. Artiste Manager (make sure the guests were taken care of and to inform them when they were next on stage) -- Me
2. Production Assistant (Help move sets around and assist producer) -- Bird
3. I forgot the name dammit, but anyways was supposed to draw the crowds to watch the show and get the audience to ask questions -- Nawwar

But our main roles were not too bad
Because i got to meet Adrian Pang, Hossan Leong, Sun Ho, Maia Lee and the Glamour girls (the girlband that got booted out from SuperBand).
And Bird and Nawwar got to watch the entire live recording.
Which looked a little something like this: -

From left: Sun Ho, Adrian Pang, Diana Ser and Hossan Leong

BUT!
There was a catch to this otherwise rather insightful internship
We had to do this:-

Me and Bird

Nawwar and Bird

We had to walk up and down Orchard Road in this freakshow getup.
Nawwar and I promptly burst out laughing at the request
The worst part being that we weren't being paid AT ALL
Haiz..
Really What the F! worthy right?
Oh well, at least the mediacorp person looked damn sheepish when she asked us to do it.
Here comes the best of the best parts
We're going to do it again this coming Sunday (2nd of July)
The live recording is going to be at Bugis Junction around 2pm
So come down if you're free or around the area
(I can't believe I'm plugging the show, but i have to do this so that we won't need to look for audience on that day)

Therefore, I've hence proven that students are willing to do anything and ANYTHING for money or experience in their field of study.
Sigh.

Posted by Cheryl at 8:21 PM